inFluxdance is a group of artists spread throughout the United States. We are interested in creating unique performances that serve two audiences; the more traditional audience found at our live performances and the community audience in our outreach programs. Since it’s inception inFluxdance has been committed to communication through dance and has chosen to incorporate important social messages in their work. Our main focus is to use dance as a vehicle for social change to promote equality and human rights.
inFluxdance is a contemporary dance theatre collective comprised of artists interested in exploring and creating accessible works without boundaries. Our goal is to blur the edges of our respected defined mediums. Our intention is to provoke viewers to think, feel, and respond to the depths of our work. The five main principles guiding our artistic processes include:
- Interdisciplinary Vision: inFluxdance consists of members with artistic strengths in various fields including Dance, Video, Lighting Design, Scenic Design, Costume Design, Spoken Text, Theatre, Music and Sound. We are committed to incorporating these expertise in our process.
- Collaboration: It is our goal to connect artists with different backgrounds through the collaborative creative process.
- Accessibility: We are committed to creating art that is accessible to those with varying abilities and backgrounds while maintaining artistic integrity.
- Communication: This aspect inspires us to create work that communicates through movement and visual design.
- Outreach: inFluxdance incorporates educational, cultural and social outreach as part of the artistic process. We are committed to sharing our ideals through workshops, classes, creative work and performance.
We are interested in combining all of these elements to inspire social change in our communities.